What is Farmapram 2mg used for?
Farmapram 2mg is used to treat anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and anxiety caused by depression.
Farmapram 2mg (Alprazolam) has anxiolytic, sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, central muscle relaxant effect.
Side effects Farmapram 2mg
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself, unusual risk-taking behavior, decreased inhibitions, no fear of danger;
- confusion, hyperactivity, agitation, hostility, hallucinations;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- chest pain, pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- uncontrolled muscle movements, tremor, seizure ; or
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects Farmapram may include:
- drowsiness, dizziness, feeling tired or irritable;
- blurred vision, headache, memory problems, trouble concentrating;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- muscle weakness, lack of balance or coordination, slurred speech;
- upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea;
- increased sweating, dry mouth, stuffy nose; or
- appetite or weight changes, loss of interest in sex.
- Usual starting dose: 0.25 to 0.50 mg administered 3 times a day.
- Usual dose in treatment: 0.50 to 4.0 mg daily: administered in divided doses.
Geriatric or weakened patients:
- Usual starting dose: 0.25 mg.
- Usual dose in treatment: 0.50 to 0.75 mg daily in divided doses, which can be increased if necessary and tolerated.
If side effects occur, the dose should be reduced. Alterations related to crisis of anguish:
- Start with 0.50 to 1.0 mg provided at bedtime.
- The dose should be adjusted according to the patient’s response. The dose adjustments should be in increments not greater than 1 mg every three to four days. Order best drugs here.